Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grundig S350DL display problems.

Starting today, a lot of times when I start tuning the Grundig S350DL, the display is going nuts, showing random numbers and muting the radio. Then it will settle down and then I tune it and it starts again.

I was having a good time with this radio on the AM bands. I'll see if I can google a fix.

And I was dumb enough to throw out the Radio Shack receipt for it.

Edit after searching Yahoo Grundig S350 group
A possible fix from that group and I quote from message 4460

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grundig-S350/message/4460

> okay guys, i had the same problem ad i have a fix, you gotta open up
> the radio and then you will see two plastic wheels with string on
> them, they will have screws in the middle of them, if you tighten up
> the screws it will fix the problem.

So I'll put the S350DL under the operating screwdriver later tonight or tomorrow. Worse thing is I trash the radio totally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you haven't updated in a while, but you have a really nice blog. Hope you're still enjoying dxing.

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

my web page; Rent Commercial Property watford (hertfordshire)